Sunday, May 19, 2019

Places to Eat in Wyoming and Utah

So having traveled some around Wyoming and Utah here in the USA, I have always wanted to detail somewhere on the web places that I have found that were excellent establishments for food.  Interesting shows on TV and the internet usually depict places in cities where the competition is fierce and the locals know where the best food is.  So while I have included some in the bigger towns and cities, if you are traveling across the I-80 corridor of Wyoming or any other place in Wyoming or Utah, just passing little towns along the way and wondered what you could eat there, here is a list of my FAVES!

I have managed to find lots of gems in these small towns that I hope you will stop on your next trip and see for your self.

If you have any suggestions to add to this list, I will add them with a note that it is recommended until such time that I can try it out for myself.  I will also state if it has been a long time since I have visited the place when appropriate.

ENJOY!

Utah

Castle Dale

  • On the east end of town there was a pizza place in an old gas station.  It used to have the BEST calzones!  Not sure if it still there, but if it is give it a try!
Green River
  • It has been a while since I have been here too but I know people who say it is still there.  Ray's Tavern is one of only a few places to eat in this town, but the burgers are SO WORTH IT!!  Flame broiled and delish!
Provo
  • It has been a while since we have been to Hot Pot in downtown prove but worth the stop if you like trying something more traditional Chinesey.



Wyoming

Bill [yes, I said Bill]
  • Penny's Diner is associated with the railroad somehow but it has great hamburgers.
Buffalo [Interstate 25]
  • The Dash is wonderful!  I love stopping here on the way north along I-25!  Their shakes and ice cream are very good too!

Casper
  • Little House of Burgers has excellent burgers and I highly recommend this one!

Cheyenne [Interstates 25 and 80]
  • This is the first entry of three for Anong's Thai.  They started out in Rawlins and have moved east.  GREAT place for Thai and Asian food!  Has buffet during the week for lunch.  Conveniently just off of I-80.
  • Korea House is a great place but lately we have noticed that they are closed some days like weekends and often only take out for dinner.  But worth a stop if you are interested in trying.  Just off of I-25 in a residential area.

Douglas 
  • The Depot is a great place for Americana
  • Sapporo has pretty good Japanese food.
Farson
  • Although this place doesn't serve real food [it may now though], the ice cream here is worth the stop.  Especially since you are 60 miles from anywhere and it can get hot out there in the Green River basin.
Laramie [Interstate 80]
  • Anong's - another of those GREAT Thai places.  This one is a little harder to find since it is down by the tracks among the downtown historic area with all it's intricacies of one way streets and such but worth the find.
Medicine Bow
  • The historic Virginian is a new fave of mine now!  GREAT burgers!
Orin Junction [Interstate 25]
  • There is a little cafe attached to a Sinclair station about a half mile east of the off ramp and rest area here.  THIS is where I get the best chili!  It is so good!
Rawlins [Interstate 80]
  • Anong's -  the original establishment.  Good food and has buffet during the week for lunch.
  • I heard this last fall that Rose's retired (1/17/2020).  Rose's Lariat is a AWESOME Mexican place.  The food is good and the green chili is HOT!  Been a while since I have been here but I still here people telling me they ate there.  My cousin got me hooked on this one and every time I have been there the customers are from outta state.  one guy said, "We stop here for lunch on the way up to hunting camp from Colorado and then again on the way back!"  Place is small and seating is limited so consider take out.
  • Check out Sinclair's entry for another Mexican goodie.
Saratoga
  • The Wolf used to be a pretty good place, but have not been there in a while.
Sinclair [Interstate 80]
  • Su Casa is simply awesome!  My cousin got me started on this one too and I have been hooked ever since.
I hope you find something good to eat from these GREAT places to eat!

Let me know in the comments if any are still around, gone or have changed ownership.  I know we have seen a GREAT place go to pot when someone else buys it so I can revise this list if you can warn me.  We are always looking for suggestions for places to eat so feel free to leave a comment if you like.  We travel a lot in these two states but are also known to travel to Montana, Colorado and South Dakota.  Of course other states are welcome, just not sure when we will be making those trips at the moment.

Thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment