Thursday, January 21, 2016

Beta Reviews are coming IN!!!

Getting excited to start the final reviews of Book 2, Here and Now as the Beta Reviews are starting to come in.  So excited to see this book moving along!  I have had some great feedback so far [no not stellar reviews but feedback telling me where things need work and what is missing].  It is hard, as reading critiques usually are, but I am still excited to see how others see the book and where they don't understand.  It is very easy for me to think that it is perfect since I have spent months in it and know exactly where statements and ideas go but the words may not convey those correctly.

One initial review has said that it doesn't stand on its own from Book 1, Memories of a Distant Future.  But as we chatted, they were helpful in giving me some ideas of where things could be built to make it more stand alone-ish while still making it feel akin to the original.

I have come to enjoy discussing the story with others that have a critical mind and love to read because I can get down into the mechanics of why it did or did not work and how they thought it could be better.  It is lots of fun.

Although diving back into the story again will be heart wrenching, I like this stage because as I find things that they have commented on, I can skip around in the book, fixing issues and problems and not really have to slog through it from beginning to end.

Thanks to those that have or are Beta Reading.  If anyone else is interested in being involved in the Beta reading for Book 3, Suspicions of a Distant Future, leave me a comment below or use Twitter or Facebook messaging to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment